Reminders, Tick Activity, & Location Services
Daily log reminders:
- You will receive a weekly reminder to start completing daily logs for 15 days..
- You will receive daily reminders to complete them until you finish logs for 15 days.
- The daily reminders will stop after you complete 15 entries and get you gold medal! However you can fill in as many diaries as you want. You earn your platinum medal after completing 21 daily logs!
You can turn or reminders in the Notifications for applications in your phone settings.
How to use Tick Activity?
- You can use this information to remind yourself and your friends to use tick bite prevention methods (hyperlink)
- You can also use the information to see what life stage of the Lyme transmitting tick is primarily active. The teeny tiny nymph or the easier to see adult.
- Current tick activity uses the date and your location to find if black-legged / deer ticks are known to be very active during this period or not.
- Your current location is used if you have location services turned on, otherwise it uses your default profile information.
Why are we using location services in your phone?
To improve your user experience, you can enable location services in your phone to make use of two location based features:
- Tick Activity (click it to see the information)
- Location based alerts (only available in Staten Island, NY)
These features provide you with information about black-legged ticks / deer ticks in the state your are currently at.
Also, when you leave your location services on, you help us identify how much time people spent in high and low risk areas. This information is confidential, and not directly linked to any other personal information.
How to stop and start location services?
The Tick App can track your location, your phone should have prompted you to turn it on or off. If you are not sure go to the Location settings for application in your phone settings.
We use this information to determine how much time we (humans) spent in high and low risk tick environments.